Incredible Thai Food in Port Townsend - Banana Leaf Thai Bistro


Banana Leaf Thai Bistro in Port Townsend, WA has quickly become a favorite restaurant of mine. I have enjoyed every dish that I have tried, and look forward to trying something new with each visit. Banana Leaf Thai Bistro is a must eat in Port Townsend! They are also available on Doordash which has been a treat as a local to Port Townsend! Especially when I am craving a Thai Coffee. 
Thai Coffee delivered by Doordash
Thai coffee enjoyed in Banana Leaf 

The first dish I had tried at Banana Leaf was the FR-3 Pineapple Fried Rice. While I have enjoyed many fried rice dishes, I have not had a fried rice that invites Pineapple to mingle with cashews and onion so wonderfully. 

My husband and I shared the Pineapple Fried Rice and BS-5 Braised Beef Panang which had savory rich asian flavors with an excellently balanced spice pallet. It was tender and juicy, and paired well with brown rice. 

One stop at Banana Leaf wasn't enough... I was hooked... 
On my lunch break, I was craving Pad Thai and knew exactly where to order from. Banana Leaf offers a full range of spice levels on their N-1 Pad Thai topped with peanuts and bean sprouts. The to-go containers used make it even more easy to shake it, mixing the Pad Thai with the rest of the delightful toppings. The rice noodles are cooked to perfection and even when I was full, I still wanted more! Of course I added the Thai Coffee to my order and had energy to take on the rest of my work day! 

Banana Leaf is located in the heart of Port Townsend, where Uptown meets Downtown, and this means I drive by nearly daily. My husband and I again looking for a great lunch, decided to go back to Banana Leaf to split a couple entrĂ©e. This time, we couldn't help but order off the Banana Leaf Specials menu. With an interesting name, we immediately chose BS-2 Jungle Scallops. Every bite of this dish painted pictures in my mind like that in the movie Ratatouille. I have not had much eggplant, and this dish convinced me I need to eat as much eggplant as I can find. The basil sauce was full of flavor and the scallops added a seafood flavor that was perfect for this oceanside Bistro. 

The other dish we ordered during this outting was the BS-1 Biryani Chicken. I was impressed with the simple red onion, cucumber, and lettuce salad served with the dish, and the sweet dressing that was perfect on the salad as well as the lemongrass rice and coconut yellow curry chicken. The rice in this dish could stand alone as the full range of flavor was incredible with notes of ginger and incredible seasoning. 

While the dishes at Banana Leaf speak for themselves, the team who work together in this restaurant make me feel at home. We have been lucky enough to have the same waitress with each visit, and she always has a smile on her face, excited to make your visit the best dining experience. When I have picked up to-go orders, I am greeted by her and others at the door, with smiles just as big. 

Check out the Banana Leaf Thai Bistro menu here: https://www.bananaleafthaibistropt.com


This blog post is written with authentic statements from Izzy with Copilots Explore, and was not at the request of Banana Leaf Thai Bistro. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Developing Copilots Explore - Travel Life, Capstone Edition. Refining The Social Media Process

The Log From The Sea of Cortez - A Maritime Memoir with Lasting Legacy